PMI PMP certification
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification of PMI ® credential is the most and globally recognized and demanding credential for today’s project managers. Having a PMP certification shows that individual has sound knowledge, experience and competency to handle and lead direct projects. PMI’s PMP certificate is ISO 9001:2008 certified which is a proof of its high quality. This certification can be transferred across different countries and industries. PMP certification demonstrates that the project manager has excellent project management skill, experience and knowledge to successfully complete a project.
Who need to do this certification?
Having a PMP certification allows an individual or a manager to lead and manage project teams efficiently and effectively. PMP is most suitable for managers who want to strengthen their skills, have a better salary and be more competent than other managers. This certification is ideal for those who are involved in planning and executing different projects. Project managers, Project Leaders and Project Directors will be most beneficial with this PMP certification.
According to survey conducted by PMI, PMP guarantees higher salary and more recognition by employers. PMP guarantees that the project manager has the necessary skills to lead and direct project teams and complete the project successfully. As a result, the demand for skilled and experienced project managers is very high now. There is no doubt that PMP certified professionals will have better job opportunities, higher salary, promotion and recognition.
Candidates must pass a written exam in order to obtain PMP certification. The exam must be attempted within one year of completing the 35 hours of PMP training.
In order to be eligible for the PMP certification, the candidates must meet either of the following two criteria which must be fulfilled not more than 8 years prior to submitting the application:
- If the candidate has secondary school degree or diploma, then he/she needs to have minimum five years of project management experience, with experience of at least 7,500 hours of directing and leading the project. Also, 35 hours of PMP course or PMP training is mandatory.
- If the candidate has completed 4 years of bachelor’s degree, then he/she needs to have about three years of relevant work experience. It is also necessary to have about 4,500 hours of experience in directing and leading various projects. 35 hours of PMP course or PMP training is also mandatory.
The following topics are covered in the PMP exam:
- Preparation of project plans
- The whole process of project management from initiation to close
- Schedule of projects
- Estimation of the various costs associated with projects
- Management of human resources
- Identification of various project risks
Initiation and planning of the project covers 37% of the exam, executing the project covers 30%, monitoring, controlling and closing the project is allocated 33%. The planning section discusses about project requirements, developing budget plan and project schedule, developing human resource management plan, procurement plan, communication plan, risk management plan, quality management plan, etc. The executing phase deals with executing tasks mentioned in the project plan. Tasks like improving team performance, approving changes are also done in this phase. Monitoring and controlling section teaches how to measure project performance.
The candidate must appear in the exam within one year of completing the PMP training. Candidates can take preparation for the PMP exam in a number of ways. They can take help from PMP exam prep guide, PMP boot camps, PMP sample questions, etc. Getting an idea about the PMP exam questions beforehand will be very useful when taking the actual PMP test. PMP questions are available online. You can also get information regarding PMP certification requirements, PMP certification training and other important information about PMP certification online.
Validity of Certification
In order to continue the certification, PMP certified individual must earn at least 60PDUs every three years; else the certification will become obsolete. These PDUs include activities like researching, article writing, speaking on this topic, full-time engagement in project management activities and other means. PDU can also be earned by taking the PMP course or PMP training program again.
Highly regulated industries (e.g., financial services, pharmaceuticals, defense and aerospace) wouldn’t consider anyone without that foundational certification. These industries value PMP certification because it shows an ability to adhere to strictly defined processes - a valuable skill when overseeing extremely sensitive and regulated projects, such as creating a new drug for public consumption.
Program Director, Stanford’s Advanced Project Management Program
Related IT Guides
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on preparation methods
- Earn your PMP cerification
- ITIL certifications, more accent on existing training methods
- ITIL certifications, more accent on required exam
- Type 1 ITIL certifications
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Green Belt Certification
- Six Sigma certification: overview, prerequisites and validity
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- PMI PMP certification - for competing people
- Six Sigma certification: how to achieve
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification overview
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- CISSP: training methods
- Project Management Professional Certification
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on exam common questions
- PMP study guide
- Six Sigma certifications
- ITIL: Build Your Career
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on required exams
- Six Sigma: skill levels
- Project Management Professional Certificate
- ITIL v3 foundation: preparing for exam
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification
- CISSP practice exam
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
- PMI PMP Overview
Money Back Guarantee
Pass4sure has a remarkable Candidate Success record. We're confident of our products and provide a no hassle money back guarantee.
Who Chooses Pass4sure
Pass4sure is the world's largest certification preparation company with 99.3% Pass Rate History from 195520+ Satisfied Customers in 145 Countries.
Secure Shopping Experience
Your purchase with Pass4sure is safe and fast. Your products will be available for immediate download after your payment has been received.
The Pass4sure website is protected by 256-bit SSL from McAfee, the leader in online security.
Need help assistance? Contact us!