Tested & Approved LPI Study Materials
Validate your Skills with Updated LPI Exam Questions & Answers
- Linux Essentials - Linux Essentials
- 010-150 - Entry Level Linux Essentials Certificate of Achievement
- 010-160 - Linux Essentials Certificate Exam, version 1.6
- 101-500 - LPIC-1 Exam 101
- 102-500 - LPI Level 1
- 201-450 - LPIC-2 Exam 201
- 202-450 - LPIC-2 Exam 202
- 300-100 - LPIC-3 Exam 300: Mixed Environments
- 303-200 - Security
- 304-200 - LPIC-3 Virtualization & High Availability
- 305-300 - Linux Professional Institute LPIC-3 Virtualization and Containerization
- 701-100 - LPIC-OT Exam 701: DevOps Tools Engineer
LPI is a non-profit organization founded in Canada near Toronto in 1999. It is engaged in issuing the certificates for technologies, such as Linux, BSD, and open source software. The company is recognized worldwide and is the number one certification body for the vendor-neutral Linux and open source designations. Moreover, LPI provides career support to the open source professionals from 180 countries and currently has more than 200,000 certificate holders. The exams offered by this organization are intended for the candidates all over the world, but they are administered through the Pearson VUE testing centers.
The certification program designed by LPI is intended for the individuals with various skill sets and falls into the following 3 tracks:
Linux Essentials is an ideal variant for those candidates who are just starting a career in open source or for the professionals, such as developers, engineers, and administrators, used to work with closed source, as in this case they validate new skills and grow as experts. The certified specialists know the basics of the Linux operating system and are able to utilize a basic command-line editor. The students need to pass the 010-160 exam. And the designation earned is valid for a lifetime.
Linux Professional validates the skills of Linux systems administrators and represents the multi-level certification program of LPI. This means that each following certificate is of the higher level than the previous one: LPIC-1 (entry), LPIC-2 (advanced), LPIC-3 (expert, but it includes 4 certifications you have to choose from).
- LPIC-1 validates one’s skills used in real world systems administration. At this level, you should be able to demonstrate your abilities to set up and configure a computer running Linux operating system, basic networking, and complete maintenance tasks based on the command line. The certification is given to the candidates who have passed the 101-500 and 102-500 exams.
- LPIC-2 can be earned after getting the LPIC-1 accreditation. This certificate is of the higher level, which means that it proves one’s advanced skills in system administration. To be more precise, it testifies that the certified specialists are able to administer both small and medium-sized mixed networks. To obtain this certification, one has to pass two exams: 201-450 and 202-450.
- LPIC-3 is the highest level in the LPI certification program within the chosen area and includes 4 separate specialty certificates:
1) LPIC-3 Mixed Environments validates your ability to administer Linux systems within the enterprise in mixed environments. The applicants should clear the 300-300 exam.
2) LPIC-3 Security testifies your skills in administering Linux systems within the enterprise with the focus on security. The exam you are to pass is 303-300.
3) LPIC-3 Virtualization and Containerization proves your ability to administer Linux systems within the enterprise centered on Virtualization and Containerization. To get this certificate, the test takers have to complete the 305-300 exam.
4) LPIC-3 High Availability Systems and Storage shows that you can administer Linux enterprise-wide systems with the emphasis on High Availability Systems and Storage. LPI 306-300 is a qualifying exam you need to pass.
To complete the information about the Linux Professional certifications, you should know that they are valid for 5 years, though the exams’ objectives are updated every 3 years.
The Open Technology is designed to assess the candidates’ knowledge and skills in using open technology tools, which include DevOps tools and BSD Specialist. The Certified DevOps Tools Engineer certification validates one’s expertise in such domains as container & machine deployment, configuration management & monitoring, software engineering & architecture. The qualification exam is 701-100, which requires no prerequisites. The job roles you can apply for after obtaining this certificate are the following: Developers (Java, PHP, Front/Back End, Mobile), Systems Administrators (Cloud Architect, Systems Analyst, Big Data Architect), Engineers (Development/Operations Team Lead, Cloud Architect, Software Architect), to name a few. The BSD Specialist certification testifies that you are able to administer such systems as OpenBSD, NetBSD, and Free BSD. The code of the prerequisite test is 702-100 and no prerequisites are needed.