ITIL Intermediate Certification
ITIL Intermediate certifications enables the candidates build on their ITIL foundation and later on attain the required knowledge and skills required in order to achieve other specialists’ certifications including the ITIL Expert certification.
ITIL Intermediate certification is mainly targeted for individuals who require more understanding of the ITIL service management practices and how they have to be implemented in order to enhance better quality and proper strategies within the organization. It is also best suited for individuals who have interest specifically in service lifecycle and capabilities. It is best suited for individuals who have successfully attained the ITIL Foundation certificate and wish to advance. In addition IT professionals who work in organizations that have adopted ITIL need additional knowledge and skills on service management and improvement of several services.
Who can do this certification?
The following professionals require basic understanding of ITIL Intermediate certification: Managers, Team Leaders, Web Designs, Architectures, Planners, Audit Consultants, IT Security managers and IT Trainers.
The ITIL Intermediate certificate is beneficial because it ensures that professionals detect and eliminate problems before they occur. In addition, it ensures that there is continued improvement in business processes and better decision making techniques are undertaken. The certification gives an individual the opportunity of pursuing better job positions and enhanced prospects in IT environment. It also increases the potential of an individual since most of the IT organizations rely on IT in order to achieve their goals.
ITIL Intermediate certification is also an important platform for the higher levels of the ITIL certification. It is therefore a core requisite for other certifications. The certification lays a platform for better enhancement of the information technology framework and also increases the IT professionals’ potential.
ITIL Intermediate certification ensures that there is improvement in terms of customer satisfaction, there is increased efficiency and consistency especially when it comes to service delivery; there is reliability and security when critical IT services are undertaken.
ITIL Intermediate certification ensures there are professionals with distinctive expertise and can work promptly towards reducing the budgetary slack. It ensures that there is better alignment of business strategies and all the objectives are attainable. It also promotes better recourse utilization and increases the productivity of the IT organizations.
The certification is specifically designed to ensure that there is continual improvement in all the services and there is implementation of services that reduce costs more effectively.
The ITIL v3 Intermediate exam is related to the ITIL Intermediate exam therefore individuals can opt for this exam.
It is recommended that candidate posses:
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Proficiency in information technology
- Skills and knowledge in service management and service delivery and
- Experience from an IT organization that has adopted ITIL
There are two tracks that are available under the ITIL Intermediate exam that include the ITIL Intermediate ‘Lifecycle Theory’ that is comprised of three day modules and three ITIL credits. This version is identical to the ITIL intermediate training and the candidates are required to understand concepts that are available in the following five topics:
- Service Strategy
- Service design
- Service transition
- Service operation
- Continual service improvement
The candidates are required to have an in depth understanding of the above core areas in order to tackle the ITIL Intermediate exam.
The second option of the ITIL Intermediate accreditation is ‘Capability’ that is made of four day modules and four ITIL credits. It is broader than the first option and the candidates are therefore required to understand the following topics before sitting for the final exam.
- Planning, Protection and Optimization - Candidates are required to understand the following concepts; Availability, Continuity, Security, Demand, Risk Management and Capacity.
- Operational Support and Analysis- the subjects covered in this section include; Event, Incident, Request, Problem, Access, Service Desk, Technical, IT Operation and Application Management.
- Service Offerings and Agreements - the core subjects covered include Portfolio, service level, service catalogue, demand, financial management and supplier.
- Release, Control and Validation - the candidates are required to understand the following; Change, Validation and Testing, Release and Deployment, service assets, Configuration, Knowledge, Request Management and Evaluation of IT services.
Validity of certification
The certificate is valid for a period of three years the candidates are then required to renew the status before the time elapses. This can be done by either sitting for the latest exam introduced or pursuing other levels of the certificate.
‘I acquired the best knowledge and understanding of service management from my ITIL Intermediate training. I have the necessary skills and I apply them duly when need arises.’
IT security Manager, Web Pro Company, USA.
Related IT Guides
- Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma overview
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification overview
- ITIL certifications, more accent on required exam
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on exam common questions
- Project Management Professional Certificate
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification overview
- Earn your PMP cerification
- ISC2 CISSP certificates
- Green Belt Certification
- Confirm your skills with PMI PMP certification
- ITIL Certifications overview
- Project Management Professional Certification
- ITIL v3 foundation: preparing for exam
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on existing training methods
- PMI PMP Overview
- Type 1 ITIL certifications
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- ISC2 CISSP
- PMI PMP
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification
- ITIL: Build Your Career
- ITIL V3 Foundation - for all who looking to uplift their career
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
- PMI PMP certification overview
- Six Sigma
- Six Sigma: skill levels
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
Money Back Guarantee
Pass4sure has a remarkable Candidate Success record. We're confident of our products and provide a no hassle money back guarantee.
Who Chooses Pass4sure
Pass4sure is the world's largest certification preparation company with 99.3% Pass Rate History from 195519+ Satisfied Customers in 145 Countries.
Secure Shopping Experience
Your purchase with Pass4sure is safe and fast. Your products will be available for immediate download after your payment has been received.
The Pass4sure website is protected by 256-bit SSL from McAfee, the leader in online security.
Need help assistance? Contact us!