Becoming an expert in the security sector of the IT field is a task that requires your full determination. Thus, Cisco offers the CCIE Security certification to make it a little easier for you to get the needed skills. This certificate is from the expert-level track that is very popular among the IT professionals who want to improve and validate their knowledge of complex Cisco security solutions. It can be obtained after passing two qualification exams. One of them is in the written format, while the second one tests your practical skills. They cover the details of security solutions and technologies, entire network lifecycle, as well as the processes related to design, deployment, operation, and optimization.
The Cisco CCIE Security certification is intended for those IT specialists who have 5-7 years of experience and are able to perform all the processes required for security technologies and security solutions. To be eligible for this certificate, you need to master the topics covered in the tests and have a good understanding of the included concepts.
The first exam that you need to deal with is Cisco 350-701. It contains about 100 questions that should be cleared within 120 minutes. The questions are presented in various formats and can be dealt with in Japanese or English. You will need to pay $400 to take the test, which is a one-time payment. To succeed on the very first try and not to retake it and pay again, the potential candidates need to prepare for the following domains:
- Security Concepts – This section covers the details of basic Python scripts and functions of cryptography components. It is also important to know about common security vulnerabilities, security intelligence consumption, common threats, and so on;
- Endpoint Detection and Endpoint Protection – To deal with the questions from this topic, an individual should have knowledge of endpoint-based security and outbreak control;
- Enforcement, Visibility, and Secure Network Access – The area evaluates your knowledge of different security products and security solutions as well as their components, capabilities, and benefits. Knowing about network access with CoA secure network access and identity management concepts is vital as well;
- Securing Cloud – This objective is all about the concept of DevSecOps, Cloud logging and monitoring methodologies, data security, as well as customer/provider security responsibility for Cloud service models;
- Content Security – The next part covers the details of Cisco Umbrella, its components, capabilities, and benefits. You should also know about the web security deployment methods and email security deployment methods as well as web proxy identity and authentication;
- Network Security – The last domain measures your skills in configuring remote access VPN and site-to-site VPN and verifying them. Knowing how to compare network security solutions is important as well.
The next exam that you need to complete is the CCIE Security practical test. This is an 8-hour lab exam that proves your knowledge and skills in planning, designing, deploying, operating, and optimizing network security solutions. The test covers the following topics:
- Perimeter Security and Intrusion Prevention;
- Secure Connectivity and Segmentation;
- Infrastructure Security;
- Identity Management, Information Exchange, and Access Control;
- Advanced Threat Protection and Content Security.
To learn more details of the subject areas, it is recommended that you visit the official webpage.
The CCIE Security certification is the perfect option for those individuals who want to validate their skills in using Cisco security solutions. The path offers all the needed tools to measure your level of expertise and give you more advantages than when you don’t have a certificate. With its help, you can become a Security Architect, a Windows Security Engineer, a Chief Information Security Officer, or a Network Security Engineer with an average annual salary of $178,000.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does your testing engine works?
Once download and installed on your PC, you can practise test questions, review your questions & answers using two different options 'practice exam' and 'virtual exam'. Virtual Exam - test yourself with exam questions with a time limit, as if you are taking exams in the Prometric or VUE testing centre. Practice exam - review exam questions one by one, see correct answers and explanations).
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Pass4sure products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Pass4sure software on?
You can download the Pass4sure products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What are the system requirements?
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP or newer operating system
- Java Version 8 or newer
- 1+ GHz processor
- 1 GB Ram
- 50 MB available hard disk typically (products may vary)
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows, Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.