If you know how to automate testing and deployment of AWS apps and infrastructure and want to validate your skills, you can go for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification offered by Amazon. This certificate demonstrates your knowledge of the implementation and automation processes required for compliance validation, security controls, and governance processes. It also proves your experience in administering operating systems.
The certification path is ideal for those individuals who have more than 2 years of experience and are able to provision, operate, and manage the AWS environments. It is also recommended that the students understand modern development processes, operations processes, and methodologies as well as have experience in building highly automated infrastructures. The potential candidates should also have experience in developing code in at least one programming language of a high level.
To earn this professional-level certification, an interested individual needs to complete the Amazon DOP-C01 exam. This test is 180 minutes long and you will need to clear 75 multiple-response and multiple-choice questions during this time. To become a successful candidate, you must score 750 points out of 1000. By paying $300, you will have a voucher for one time of using to take the exam. To be sure that you won’t need to buy it again, you should master the following domains:
- SDLC Automation – This subject area covers the details of the deployment/delivery strategies as well as the ways of how to implement source control strategies. You should also have the skills in applying the concepts that are needed to automate a CI/CD pipeline, build and manage artifacts securely, or automate and integrate testing;
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code – If talking about this section, it evaluates one’s skills in applying the concepts required to manage systems with the use of AWS configuration management services and tools. You should also know about deployment services, application deployment model, and infrastructure deployment model, which are based on deployment needs. If you know how to implement lifecycle hooks on deployment, it will also help you;
- Monitoring and Logging – The next topic is all about the implementation of different metadata strategies including tagging. You need to have the skills in applying the concepts that are required to monitor infrastructures, applications, and operating systems as well as audit and log them. It is vital to know how to set up the aggregation, analysis, and storage of metrics and logs as well. Having the expertise in applying the concepts, which are needed to automate monitoring of an environment and its event management, will give you many benefits;
- Policies and Standards Automation – This part measures the test takers’ skills in applying the concepts that are required for the implementation of governance strategies or the ones that should help with the enforcement of standards for monitoring, logging, security, metrics, and testing. You have to know about the optimization of cost through automation;
- Incident and Event Response – As for the next objective, it covers the details of the concepts, which are required to set up the event-driven automated actions or implement automated healing. Knowing how to troubleshoot issues and how to restore operations is also important;
- High Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Disaster Recover – The last domain is all about the evaluation of deployment for points of failure as well as design and automation of disaster recovery strategies. Moreover, the potential candidates need to know about the proper use of multi-AZ and multi-Region architectures.
The certification you obtain after successfully passing the prerequisite test can drastically change your career. This is an opportunity that enhances it a lot and helps you find a better job with a higher salary. With this Amazon certificate, you can become a DevOps Engineer, a Solutions Architect, an AWS Cloud Manager, an AWS Cloud Operations Lead, or a Cybersecurity Engineer. If talking about the average annual salary, you can expect to earn $154,548, depending on the role you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does your testing engine works?
Once download and installed on your PC, you can practise test questions, review your questions & answers using two different options 'practice exam' and 'virtual exam'. Virtual Exam - test yourself with exam questions with a time limit, as if you are taking exams in the Prometric or VUE testing centre. Practice exam - review exam questions one by one, see correct answers and explanations).
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Pass4sure products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Pass4sure software on?
You can download the Pass4sure products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What are the system requirements?
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP or newer operating system
- Java Version 8 or newer
- 1+ GHz processor
- 1 GB Ram
- 50 MB available hard disk typically (products may vary)
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows, Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.