Tested & Approved IIA Study Materials
Validate your Skills with Updated IIA Exam Questions & Answers
- IIA-CCSA - Certification in Control Self-Assessment
- IIA-CFSA - Certified Financial Services Auditor
- IIA-CGAP - Certified Government Auditing Professional
- IIA-CIA-Part1 - CIA Part 1 - Essentials of Internal Auditing
- IIA-CIA-Part2 - Certified Internal Auditor - Part 2, Practice of Internal Auditing
- IIA-CIA-Part3 - Certified Internal Auditor - Part 3, Business Analysis and Information Technology
IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors) is a professional association founded in 1941 that specializes in developing educational and certification programs as well as standards related to internal auditing. Even today, this world-renowned organization headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida, has more than 200,000 members from around the globe.
The primary goals of IIA are:
- Providing opportunities for comprehensive development and professional education
- Spreading knowledge about the role of internal auditing
- Connecting internal auditors to share experiences and information
- Disseminating best practices in internal auditing
The IIA is known for its qualification program for professionals in the field of internal audit. These certificates are trusted throughout the world as they increase the credibility of the specialist and demonstrate his or her expertise and commitment to the field.
The IIA certification pathway includes a range of qualifications which are divided into two groups - Core and Skill.
Core. The IIA currently offers a number of basic accreditation pathways:
- Internal Audit Practitioner - is an accreditation focused on new and rotating internal auditors to help them master the basics in the early stages of the profession. In this way, the certified professional will prove that s/he possesses the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as well as a confident understanding of controls and risks. To this end, a comprehensive exam covering the basic knowledge of current internal auditing practices has been developed.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) – is a fundamental certification that is central to the entire IIA program and is designed for practicing internal auditors so that they not only confirm their professional status but also gain a competitive advantage in this professional field. This accreditation involves a comprehensive three-part assessment to fully encompass and test the candidate's competencies and professional qualities. Being updated in 2021, it’s the best option to choose to prove your credibility and gain respect.
- Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership (QIAL) – is a qualification aimed at developing the leadership skills of heads of audit firms or internal audit departments. In this way, candidates can demonstrate their ability to influence results and strategy, provide comprehensive analytical information, and uphold the social responsibility and ethical behavior of a subordinate audit team. Moreover, this qualification will also be useful for those professionals who seek to increase the potential profitability of the organization and build an effective strategy in line with the expectations of an evolving market.
Skill. At the same time, the IIA has developed a more advanced certification pathway for already qualified candidates.
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) – this qualification is only available with an active CIA certificate. In addition, candidates must be willing to prove their expanded expertise in order to effectively manage risk for audits. As such, you will be required to take the appropriate accreditation exam, which includes questions regarding risk management assessment principles, corporate governance, and internal auditor functions.
The IIA is more interested than anyone else in quality training for candidates and internal auditors. Therefore, the association's official website offers a variety of training tools. So you can choose any training platform that fits your capabilities and goals, for instance, in-person, online, or on-demand training. You can also take part in webinars and conferences, which raise the most pressing issues related to internal auditing. For those who prefer a more classical way of preparation, the IIA bookstore is available, where individuals can find many current publications that will help them find all the answers to their questions.