Certification: AWS Certified Security - Specialty
Certification Full Name: AWS Certified Security - Specialty
Certification Provider: Amazon
Exam Code: AWS Certified Security - Specialty SCS-C02
Exam Name: AWS Certified Security - Specialty SCS-C02
Many IT specialists want to show that they have the required expertise in securing data and workloads in AWS Cloud, and the Amazon AWS Certified Security – Specialty certificate can help them prove their potential. It demonstrates their understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms. Besides that, it enhances the professionals’ knowledge of data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms. This means that an individual with this certification has the relevant skills in implementing all of these mechanisms as well as secure Internet protocols.
The Amazon AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification is ideal for you if you perform the security role and want to improve and validate your level of expertise. Usually, the potential candidates have 2 years of securing AWS workloads. Also, it is recommended that they have 5 years of IT security experience and be able to design and implement security solutions. Possessing working knowledge of AWS security services and their features that can help you in providing a secure production environment will be an advantage as well. You should also know about Cloud security threat models, monitoring and logging strategies, disaster recovery controls, and encryption.
This certificate can be obtained after successfully passing the Amazon SCS-C01 test. The exam is 170 minutes long, and you need to clear 65 questions during the allocated time. They are presented in various formats, including multiple choice and multiple response. You should clear the test with 750 or more points if you want to pay $300 for it only once. To be sure of the outcome, you have to prepare for the following topics:
- Incident Response – This subject area is about the configuration of automated alerting that you need to be able to evaluate as well as the execution of the possible remediation of the security-related incidents or emerging issues. You need to have the skills in verifying that the Incident Response plan includes all the relevant AWS services. Besides that, you should be able to evaluate the exposed access keys or suspected compromised instance;
- Logging and Monitoring – To answer the questions from this domain, the potential candidates should know about logging solutions and how to troubleshoot them as well as alerting and security monitoring and how to design, implement, and troubleshoot them. Moreover, they need to be ready to design a logging solution and be able to implement it;
- Infrastructure Security – This part of the test covers the details of the design and implementation of host-based security and secure network infrastructure. It is also vital to have the skills in designing edge security on AWS as well as troubleshooting secure network infrastructure;
- Identity and Access Management – The next topic evaluates your knowledge of an authorization and authentication system and the ways of troubleshooting it in order to access the AWS resources. Knowing about the scalable authorization and authentication system and how to design and implement it is important as well;
- Data Protection – The last objective is about the design and implementation of a data encryption solution for data at rest/in transit. The learners should also know about key management and how to design, implement, and troubleshoot it.
The options that you will get with the Amazon AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification can greatly enhance your career. You will be able to find a better place in the sector and can expect to earn a higher salary. Thus, you can go for the job roles, such as an AWS Security – Industry Specialist, an Information Security Specialist, a Cloud Solution Architect, a System Administration & Security Specialist, or an Application and Platform Security Operations Specialist with an average annual salary of about $143,677.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does your testing engine works?
Once download and installed on your PC, you can practise test questions, review your questions & answers using two different options 'practice exam' and 'virtual exam'. Virtual Exam - test yourself with exam questions with a time limit, as if you are taking exams in the Prometric or VUE testing centre. Practice exam - review exam questions one by one, see correct answers and explanations).
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Pass4sure products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Pass4sure software on?
You can download the Pass4sure products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What are the system requirements?
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP or newer operating system
- Java Version 8 or newer
- 1+ GHz processor
- 1 GB Ram
- 50 MB available hard disk typically (products may vary)
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.