Those IT specialists who know how to recommend, design, as well as maintain optimal AWS database solutions are able to validate their skills with the help of the Amazon AWS Certified Database – Specialty certificate. This certification proves their understanding of the key features of AWS database services and their ability to differentiate them.
The potential candidates for this certification path are those individuals who have experience working with the AWS Cloud-based and on-premises relational/non-relational databases. It is recommended that they possess 5 years of experience working with basic database technologies and 2 years of working on AWS. To be eligible for this specialty-level certificate, you should also have the skills in analyzing the needs and requirements. This means that you must know how to design proper database solutions with the use of AWS services and recommend them.
If you want to obtain this certificate, you are required to take Amazon DBS-C01. This is the only qualification exam of the path containing 65 questions of different types such as multiple choice and multiple response. You will be given 180 minutes to clear the test and score 750 points. This prerequisite exam costs $300, so you need to have a good understanding of the following topics if you want to become a certified specialist on your first try:
- Workload-Specific Database Design – To deal with the questions from this area, you should know about the costs of database solutions and be able to compare them. Besides that, it is important to have the skills in designing database solutions for scalability and compliance as well as selecting the required database services for the specific types of data and workloads. Knowing about the strategies suitable for disaster recovery and high availability is vital as well;
- Deployment and Migration – This domain covers the details of the data preparation and data migration strategies. You need to know about the execution and validation of data migration as well as have the skills in automating database solution deployments;
- Management and Operations – If talking about the next topic, it is about the management of the operational environment of a database solution. An individual should also know about the backup and restore strategies as well as maintenance tasks and processes;
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting – This section evaluates the individuals’ skills in optimizing database performance. Moreover, you have to learn how to troubleshoot common database issues and resolve them. Having knowledge of the monitoring and alerting strategies is also important;
- Database Security – As for the last part of the qualification exam, it contains the information of the possible security vulnerabilities within database solutions and the ways to recognize them. The students need to have a solid understanding of the authentication and access control mechanisms as well as have the skills in evaluating auditing solutions. Also, you should know how to encrypt data in transit or at rest when required.
If you pass the qualifying test with flying colors, you will get many advantages for your career, including a better salary and more options on the job market. Thus, with this specialty-level certificate, you will be able to become a Global Partner Solutions Architect, an AWS Solution Architect, an Enterprise Architect, a Network Architect, an AWS Database Engineer, a Systems Architect, a Data Architect, or a Cloud Engineer with an average annual salary of $146,127. The choices are really wide, so you can find what is ideal exactly for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does your testing engine works?
Once download and installed on your PC, you can practise test questions, review your questions & answers using two different options 'practice exam' and 'virtual exam'. Virtual Exam - test yourself with exam questions with a time limit, as if you are taking exams in the Prometric or VUE testing centre. Practice exam - review exam questions one by one, see correct answers and explanations).
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Pass4sure products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Pass4sure software on?
You can download the Pass4sure products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What are the system requirements?
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP or newer operating system
- Java Version 8 or newer
- 1+ GHz processor
- 1 GB Ram
- 50 MB available hard disk typically (products may vary)
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows, Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.