CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer is a prestigious certification by CompTIA, a nonprofit global organization. It is intended for training professionals to set and maintain training standards throughout world organizations. The training instructors possessing CompTIA CTT+ are considered to have a high standard of professional excellence in training and teaching domain. The training skills that are focused in CompTIA CTT+ include planning and preparing, presenting and facilitation, and communication in a class room environment both traditional class room and virtual class room.
Most of the international high standard organizations worldwide prefer their technical trainers and instructors to be CompTIA CTT+ certified e.g. DELL, Microsoft, IBM, Ricoh, Novell etc.
CompTIA CTT+ is a professional level certification to train the technical instructors. There are other professional level certifications available by CompTIA in information technology domain mentioned below:
- CompTIA Networks+, a certification to ensure candidate abilities for configuring, managing and troubleshooting a basic network Architecture.
- CompTIA Security+, a certification to verify candidate capabilities in network security, cryptography and security assessments and audits.
- CompTIA Server+, a certification to verify candidate skills for managing RAID, multiple CPU's, and disaster management.
With the modernization of information Technologies teaching methodologies and techniques has also been up graded and modified including the use of information technology solutions to deliver a lecture and communicate with the class. CompTIA CTT+ certification course has been designed to train and verify candidate's abilities as an instructors defined by International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (ibstpi standards). The main objective of the CTT+ exam is to verify a candidate's capabilities for following proficiencies:
- Analysis of Course and Study Materials and learner information assessment.
- Instruction Site preparation i.e. setting up class room environment.
- Instructor Credibility establishment.
- Learning environment management.
- Effective Communication Skills demonstration.
- Effective presentation skills demonstration.
- Effective questioning techniques and skills demonstration
- Proper response to learner's questioning, feedback and clarification issues
- Motivational incentives for the learner and positive reinforcements
- Proper usage of instructional methods and techniques.
- Effective media usage for instructional purposes.
- Learner performance evaluation
- Instruction Delivery evaluation
- Evaluation information reporting.
To obtain CompTIA CTT+ credential the candidate has to pass two exams mentioned below:
- CompTIA CTT Essentials TK0-201
- CompTIA Classroom trainer TK0-202 or Virtual classroom trainer TK0-203
The exams include multiple choice questions and in available in several languages. The exam covers the topics of instructional delivery methods and media, course planning, credibility of instructor and communication skills and group facilitation and last but not the least evaluation of the training session.
The trained instructor has to submit a 20 minutes long video of his\her lecture fulfilling all objectives or standards of the CTT+ certification. The video tape is evaluated by the examiners to mark the score of the certification exam.
CompTIA A+ certification does not expire but it is recommended to retake the exam for up gradation when the objectives of the exam changes over time.
There is no formal or specific pre requisite certification for CompTIA A+ exam. A technical experience of six months to 1 year in training is highly recommended before applying for the A+ exam. Candidates have to provide a video recording of their classroom sessions or virtual classroom sessions to appear in the CTT+ exam.
Skills and Benefits
CompTIA CTT+ ensures that the technical trainer has gone through several standard and up to date technology evaluation steps to become a professional trainer. CTT+ is a prestigious certification exam and can serve a great source for professional excellence in training field for large organizations globally.
Since CompTIA CTT+ is a professional level certification. So after obtaining CTT+ score there is a broad spectrum of certification for a candidate to achieve. Few of the specialist certifications are mentioned below:
- CompTIA Cloud essentials, aims to train candidate in cloud computing technical issues for a business environment.
- CompTIA HealthCare IT Technician, a certification that ensures candidate abilities to deploy and manage health care Information Technology Systems.
- Social Media Security Professional, a certification that is designed to ensure candidate abilities to mitigate security threats to business caused by social networking channels.