This certification of SAN however allows the San Specialists to prove their skills for the customer data understanding and also related to the storage of the customer data management within the working environment. This data is however managed with the use of implementing the Fiber Channels and also using the iSCSI SAN solutions. This certification also includes the integration which is related to various other operating systems along with other applications which most prominently include applications like Data base 2, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and Microsoft Exchange.
Another most important element include the specialization which the candidate receives in the clustering of the Data related to the ONTAP Logos and also allows the candidates to have the knowledge about the management of this clustered data. These skills are indeed part of the candidate who is particularly being able to have the successful completion of the certification. There are also some exams which the candidate has to pass in order to get the certification. This certification has high level advantages over other NetApp certifications because of the wide range of skills it offers.
There are some exams which the candidate has to pass in order to successfully acquire the certification. These tests include the following:
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN exam – This exam include the basics for the certification which are related to the management and administrative skills.
- Clustered Data ONTAP (NS0-506) exam – This exam is the more advanced one which include the examination about the advanced clustered data which is more specifically related to the idea of management for the clustered data.
- Data ONTAP 7-Mode (NS0-502) exam – This includes the advance testing of the skills related to the various modes of data which is a relatively higher management level.
- E-Series (NS0-505) exam – This is also another important level of testing which has the higher level of management.
There are some predefined objectives related to this certification. The most important ones include the following:
- Understanding the complete requirements of the customer data.
- Having complete knowledge about the implementation of the Fibre Channels present in the customer related knowledge.
- It also includes the implementations of the iSCSI SAN solutions which are related to the customer data knowledge.
- Having complete skills and knowledge about the implementation and integration of the various operating systems along with other applications.
- DB2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange are the most important applications regarding the which the certified professional can has immense knowledge. This will also include the complete understanding of these applications and having their complete integration with the use of various different operating systems.
- This certification is also associated with many other previous certifications which allow the individuals to gain significant knowledge about the previous certifications as well.
There are also some policies for the re-certification of the certificate which include the working within the previous environments and having the skills from the NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer –SAN, Clustered Data ONTAP before the recertification could take place.
There are some requirements which are pre-requisite before the taking of the exam. However for the candidate, before he/she could apply for the exam, it is necessary that they have completely followed and completed the requirements which are associated with the NetApp Certificated Data Administrator (NCDA).Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administrator exam (NS0-155) OR the Clustered Data ONTAP Administrator exam (NS0-156) is however completed by the candidate in order to have the completion of requirements needed for the NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA). This will then allow the individual to have the application for the SAN certification.
Skills and Benefits
This certification has indeed provided various skills which are gained by the professional and helps him to acquire the level of professional management administrative skills which are needed for the complete understanding of the customer data. This also allows the candidate to have the understanding of the previous certifications which are necessary for the learning and functional management.
There are also other tests which come next in the row. These include the following:
- Data ONTAP SAN Implementation (SANIMP)
- Architecting SAN on NetApp Storage (SANARCH)